Jul 25, 2010

endless editing part 2

the damelo todo editing marathon continues!
(another implausible but true scenario: wu in lawyer drag)
(trying to help koky puzzle out gonzalo's disputed will)
(which led to his disinheritance and consequently ended wildness etc etc)

i had a sweet inspiring phone sesh tonight with an old friend/artist/fontgenius edie fake who is designing titles... i like his holistic approach- instead of asking for visuals references, he said: "i want to read everything everyone ever said about how the bar looks and feels" forttttuuuunately i have been collecting!!! just thought i'd share here ;)


WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PICTURE THE INSIDE OF THE SILVER PLATTER WHAT DO YOU SEE?

"That (cash) machine, which is pretty old, almost 40 years."

"The image that comes to my mind is the first time I came to this place. When I started coming, and I'm still coming. I feel comfortable here. Happy because this is a place where I come and I feel good. A place where I can have fun, and place where I know that I'm safe."

"When I'm inside, what I like is that me and my friends start drinking. They pay or we pay for each others drinks. And many guys are looking at us. And one them will come to us and ask us to dance. And then we drink and we have fun and dance. And at the end maybe he will take me to his apartment, or I will take him to mine."

"My idea of this place when I’m outside are the images of Marilyn, those mirrors, you know, these things, the bar’s frame…"

"That's who comes to mind. Marilyn. That's the first thing that you see when you arrive."

"Perhaps because he's not here anymore, Gonzalo. Now that he's not here anymore, and because he's something special to me, my friend. Now every time I hear Silver Platter, I think of him."

"My brother in law, Roy. His face, I can close my eyes and see him dancing from one side of the bar to the other. Snapping his fingers. He had a beautiful way of snapping his fingers. His jokes, his charisma."

"Fog and lights... Crazy lights and sequins... Disco ball and high heels, fingernails, hair twisting and turning and head-banging.  Fists going through walls... Thongs, a lot of thongs. Marilyn Monroe. James Dean. A dick on the wall. Kimonos. Koky's ass. Cowboy hats..."


WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PICTURE THE OUTSIDE OF THE SILVER PLATTER WHAT DO YOU SEE?

"When I walk by and I see the place it brings back a lot of memories. Memories because I've met boyfriends here, girlfriends, the waiters, the bar-tenders. Koky, Nora, Julio, Javier. So you know a lot of people. So when I look at it from outside, I feel something beautiful. I say wow, that's my home. This is my house, it's something very beautiful."

"The color that it has always been painted. A silver-like color."

"From outside the bar, the fights that they have outside." (laughs)

"People that are not here anymore. That they're gone."

"Waiting for a nice boy to arrive. He talks to me, I talk to him, and I flirt with him, and if he asks me out, so - "yes!" If I like him, and he's attractive and all that. So it's worth it to go out with him. Taking the risks that might be involved also. But it's worth it, and one has to see how he behaves too."

No comments:

Post a Comment