Jan 3, 2010

NEW NGUZUNGUZU EP OUT. NEW YEAR

Damelo Todo music directors AKA 2/3rds WILDNESS djs have a new EP out on their new website


MUCH LOVE FAM!!
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THESE TUNES, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT
IF YOU DONT HAVE THESE TUNES, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

NEW MASTERS
NEW WEBSITE

i guess because it's a new year new decade and an eclipse i keep wanting to get personal -like on a new level- here and everywhere. which is to share that recently a queer witch doctor told me that getting thyroid cancer is about dealing with something you're not saying that is poisoning your throat. so back up, somewhere along my route of moving back to los angeles in 2007, i wrote on a piece of paper that i wanted to 'find my voice,' whatever that means. when i got here many things coalesced: i started training to sing opera and i started doing wildness with ashland and daniel at the silver platter. i also started a major gender transition. the past 6 months of being sick and dealing with my body on top of all the immense amount of labor and love required by the film the club and the legal project has led me to a strange breaking point. i decided to embrace my kind of inhuman resiliency for what it's worth. partially survivalist, partially crazy, and ultimately the best i can do given the situation. given how difficult cancer can be for a person to deal with, i chose largely not to deal with it directly. along the way this caused all kinds of complications emotionally, physically, financially. but now that i stand, potentially at the end of that fight, i don't regret anything. i think that CLASS is my reward, along with everything else that i now find myself to be doing in the struggle to burn out this cancer and find my voice. so i will keep doing it, and i dedicate 2010 to anyone who appreciates hearing what i have to say, about this proposition of looking for a way to talk about creativity and capitalism -vis a vis what i personally am doing in my life. today. FEELIN DA DISCUSSION SO HARD.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog, Wu. And loving your beautiful and powerful voice. You're my hero and I seriously love what you're doing and how you're doing it!

    Love por vida,
    Chips

    ReplyDelete